Criteria to apply to be an SLE:
- The applicant is an outstanding middle or senior leader with at least two years’ experience and excellent knowledge in a particular field of expertise.
- The applicant has a successful track record supported by substantial evidence of impact of working effectively within his or her own school and/or across a group of schools, or working with a range of leaders within a single school.
- The applicant has a commitment to outreach work and the capacity to undertake such work.
- The Headteacher supports their application and the applicant can be released from school for a mutually agreed allocation of time.
- The applicant understands what constitutes ‘outstanding’ in his or her field of expertise.
- The applicant has an appreciation of how his or her specialism and skills can contribute to the wider school improvement agenda.
- The applicant has an analytical approach to identifying needs and can prioritise accordingly.
- The ability to set and establish new and innovative working practices.
- The ability to grow leadership capacity in others.
Applicants must have demonstrated evidence of having made an impact on school improvement.
To request an SLE application form and to enquire when the next recruitment round is, please email Amy Hinchliffe, Operations Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information regarding the criteria for Specialist Leaders of Education please click on the link below: